Friday, December 16, 2011

doesn't take much....




to make me happy
I have been described as
a cheap date
only this isn't a date
it's just to show how small things
can make me turn on a dime
a penny a yen a euro
a franc a lira
and get the spirit in a minute


I saw these
 in the useless craft store a couple of visits ago
four for $1
I picked them up
I love houses in any way shape or form
they are small enough to be cute and big enough to put something in
well I have three now
grandson took one home the other day
with an owl inside it
hey the owl had to live somewhere
:)


then
while looking for decent fruit and veggies
I came across this
a
Christmas Cactus

in the basket it went
with its cute little red flowers all ready to pop open and
sing
Noel to us all
well I may as tell you now
by the time we got home
two of those cute little red flowers had survived the trip
and now
there is one!!!
and it ain't singing

Oh well
it's green and it has shiny paper wrapped around it


then I spied the m&m people
a him and a her
so they joined
the then lovely plant
I love his sarcasm in the commercials
he's my kinda Santa
then a package came
and it had sweet little bags
oooooo I thought
the spirit is showing itself and you are on the verge of
feeling merry
mery!!!!
so today
because it is the day of the great cleaning

I cleaned
I sneezed
I coughed
I smiled

it all came together when in the search for a tablecloth
that at the moment is hiding somewhere
but it will be found
I came upon two
not one
but TWO boxes of little white lights
brand new in the boxes
short too
just what I needed
to make it all complete

so after a whole lot of washing and dusting and re-arranging

we have
merriment
in the
kitchen




so back I go to hunt down the cloth

hope you got the spirit
or
it gets you

see ya
...........................................................................................................



*
...
.....
.............
....................
.....................................
|


:)
x









3 comments:

  1. Love the new header, those little houses are adorable! Your home seems to comfy with the spirit of the Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its looking alot like christmas ...
    those houses are adorable and should have a good place where everyone can see them :)

    hope you have a good weekend my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your previous post about your mom's china. It's certainly a lovely set. And those house boxes are so cute. I've not done any decorating this year. Just not feeling it for some reason. I HATE shopping so don't want to buy just for the sake of buying. We have what we need and more. One more week of school and then our winter holiday will begin. A friend arrives from Lebanon on Friday for a week, so that is what I am looking forward to. Happy weekend wishes to you, Tammy

    ReplyDelete