Saturday, August 6, 2011

sometimes



the nothing becomes a something
and
sometimes a something is almost too much to bear
so one wants to stay in the nothing


there was a house fire last evening
six houses up the road from us
it is the house of a friend of ours
a friend we have had for a very long time

my friend didn't make it out of the fire
and her husband is in the burn unit in Richmond Va
with 3rd degree burns
and a broken heart

while we were having dinner
my friend died
and
 I can't understand
...................................................................................



7 comments:

  1. Oh M! I am heartbroken for you and your loss. I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling. No words can say or cover the amount of devastation you must be feeling. I am just simply sorry M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so terribly sorry for your loss Marilyn. I don't know what else to say or do to give you comfort but I do so wish I was closer to you so that I could do something - anything that could help. I am so truly, truly sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for the loss of your friends. a ((hug)) for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so sad to lose a friend in any circumstance and you must be reeling! My thoughts go out to you and your friends family. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes there just aren't words to say.

    Praying for you and those close to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Marilyn, that is awful! I'm so sorry to hear about your friends. What caused the fire? Sending hugs and blessings to all, Tammy

    ReplyDelete