Friday, July 1, 2011

so......

(three little ones left...and the gaggle is back together again)


we're still here


it's funny how quickly one can get into a habit
and how quickly one can get out of a habit
and I ain't talking
nuns....

(the babies got out of line so the gap is where they were)

Goose River, wider than a ( half) mile,


I'm crossing you in style some day.

Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,

wherever you're going I'm going your way.
(and I'm bringing the camera)

Nineteen drifters off to see the world.

There's such a lot of world to see.

We're after the same rainbow's end--

waiting 'round the bend,

my huckleberry friend,
(aka Sammy)

Goose River and me.

with apologies to Johnny and Henry

(the last one in the water to join in the parade around the bend)



a week  ago I woke up with a pain in my back that kept me more or less chained to the bed or the couch for about four days
I have a "bad back" anyway, have had for years....
my mother and our old neighbour told me I would have
 and I just ignored them
I used to do things I shouldn't and didn't care
who does when you're young and healthy and don't think anything of lifting and hauling and pushing and shoving...I didn't...
:) :) :)
I kind of sort of got used to being in pain most  some of the time
it's a rare day when I don't have a twinge or two....
feels strange when there is no pain!!!




 
anyway....it's all gone now
I got some of those sticky hot pads
 and it helped a bit
with the pain not what was wrong....
what was wrong went away and now I'm
OK
fine
dandy
no longer chained
pain
and
fancy
free
(?)
no more muscle spas-ummmmmsssss
have lots of hot pads left so if I get something else
somewhere else
I'll have heat
baby
....
stick on
heat
:) :) :) :)


so.... will have to get myself back into
blogging focus



it's been a little bit off lately
haven't been on line too much
but the little I have been
seems all is very quiet out there
must be the summer
time to get out and do other things
even Flickr is slow
but I'm sure all the pretty pictures
will come pouring in soon of all the fun and sun things


 

the hook and the needles have been lying down too
I just don't have the feel for them lately
maybe it's time to change to another type of needle
or just give it all up completely


guess I need to get back in the groove of blogging and surfing and all things
cyberspace
yarny and needly and hooky too




and focus on what I was doing before
I was laid flat by a muscle



(view in the sliding glass door from outside)


hopefully it will all re-focus itself soon and we'll get back
to
the little blog about nothing
.................................

:)



7 comments:

  1. ahhhh, good to have you back! I hope that I wasn't contributing factor to your back problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your doing a lot better. Don't you just loVe those hot pads!? We are not young like we use to be, so we have to watch & think about what we do. (my bad...LoL) It hurts longer...haha. (I am talking about me here!) Happy your back bloggin'!
    Missed ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're better and that the heat works for you. Heat works for me too even though my physio tells me I should be using ice not heat. She spent 10 minutes last week showing me how to do an ice pack. 'Ice is for vodka not tendons', I told her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to see you up and about again :)) but dont go jumping or bending or even lifting things ;)
    cant wait to see more pic´s and other fun things from you my friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're feeling better! Let the hooks rest if that's how you're feeling right now. I'm sure you'll find something fun to do eventually. Or just take Blue for walks. Your world is so different from mine. And I like reading whatever you write about, so as long as you post I'm happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you are doing better M! Just remember to take it easy, the back is nothing to mess with. I've missed your posts while you have been out of commission. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are coming back into focus! Doesn't the "last one in the water" look like a dragon! Mia S

    ReplyDelete