Sunday, March 6, 2011

rainy sunday


it's raining
just hard enough to be able to hear the drops on the roof 
and for it to make the puddles dance





 I stood outside under the eaves waiting for them to come in




 and get something to eat
before the rain gets too hard
but they didn't want to get wet!!!
I could hear them all around in the trees


 and then in a flash of red
he swooped down and was off before I even knew it
the cardinal
the Mr.


 I was humming
raindrops keep falling on my head
as I put out some fresh seed
and I heard the familiar sound of the
mourning doves
to find one sitting on the wire above me





A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.


Chinese Proverb




and because breakfast is being served
!!!





 








2 comments:

  1. my litle birdlady :) fun to see the red birdie run there ,im gona take the kids out tomm and see if we can find something fun to take pic´s off

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cardinals look absolutely beautiful birds - as you know we get nothing really that compare to those here in Old Blighty.

    We've actually had a sunny (but cold) day today - guess where I spent it? You got it - out in the garden! I have weeded like a woman possessed and been spreading my chicken poo pellet fertilizer around the veg bed and flower beds in the hope that things grow beautifully this year. AND, I got all those plants I bought the other day planted in their new homes. Hoping we get more of the same weather tomorrow - I want to be out again!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete